
Senior Hezbollah leader among 10 killed in Israeli strikes on Lebanon
India Today
At least 10 people, including a senior Hezbollah leader, were killed in Israeli airstrikes on Lebanon after the Israel Defence Forces said it targeted Hezbollah positions.
At least 10 people were killed and 50 wounded in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley on Friday, two security sources told Reuters, after the Israeli military said it had targeted Hezbollah sites in the Baalbek area.
The strikes are among the deadliest reported in eastern Lebanon in recent weeks and risk testing a fragile US-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Shi'ite Islamist group Hezbollah, which has been strained by recurring accusations of violations.
The Israeli military said in a statement that it struck Hezbollah command centres in the Baalbek area, part of eastern Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.
A senior Hezbollah official was among the dead, the sources said.
There was no immediate comment from Hezbollah.
Israel and Hezbollah agreed to a US-brokered ceasefire in 2024 intended to end more than a year of cross-border fire that culminated in Israeli strikes that weakened the Iran-aligned group. Since then, the sides have traded accusations of ceasefire violations.

After a dismal performance in the recent Bangladesh election, Nahid Islam, NCP convenor and anti-Sheikh Hasina protest leader, has resorted to allegations as if to justify the party's poor show. Nahid claimed that the election results had been manipulated, and the victorious BNP colluded with India and Hasina's Awami League.












