An Election Commission "progressive" report, which will get updated as the remaining phases of poll are conducted, said the maximum Rs 446.28 crore was seized in Tamil Nadu, where the elections have already ended, followed by West Bengal (Rs 300.11 crore), where four phases are yet to take place.
China will carry out major scientific research to enhance its biosecurity science and technological capacity against future infectious diseases, state-run Global Times quoted the country's Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Xiang Libin as saying.
Opening his visit by meeting Vice President Kamala Harris, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga echoed Biden's language in saying the nations' relationship is "connected by universal values such as freedom, democracy and the rule of law."
The Gujarat High Court observed that transparency is needed to remove general conception from the minds of people that data shared by the government on COVID-19 tests and positive cases was not accurate.
"I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family," her husband said.
The funding comes from a $1.9 trillion Covid relief package passed last month and will help the United States come up to speed on genomic surveillance, an area in which it has lagged behind badly relative to other advanced countries.
The right accorded to 61 per cent of the state's candidates should be given to the remaining 39 per cent, the BJP said, urging the Election Commission to keep four rounds of voting in the interest of a level-playing field.