
Satheesan calls for revised affidavit on women’s entry to Sabarimala
The Hindu
Mr. Satheesan said that the government should notify the court that its earlier pro-women’s entry stance has shifted
Leader of the Opposition V.D. Satheesan has accused the State government of shirking responsibility on the issue of women’s entry into Sabarimala temple. He demanded that the government revise the affidavit it had submitted to the Supreme Court.
Speaking to the media during a reception for his ’Puthuyuga Yatra’ here on Monday, Mr. Satheesan said that the government should notify the court that its earlier pro-women’s entry stance has shifted.
“The government, which had previously issued an apology, is now avoiding a clear position. If the affidavit is not corrected, its deception will be laid bare before the public,” he asserted.
Mr. Satheesan also criticised the Communist Party of India (Marxist) [CPI(M)], alleging that the party lacks both a firm stand and certainty, yet continues to seek the votes of Ayyappa devotees. He further said that if the United Democratic Front (UDF) comes to power, it will submit a fresh affidavit supporting Sabarimala traditions.
Dismissing Mani Shankar Aiyar’s claim that Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan would secure a third term, Mr. Satheesan pointed out that Mr. Aiyar was no longer in the Congress.













