
Head of multibillion-dollar California High-Speed Rail fiasco arrested on domestic violence charges
NY Post
The head of California’s High-Speed Rail Authority was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of domestic battery against his spouse.
Ian Choudri, CEO of the state’s agency overseeing the multibillion-dollar boondoggle, was picked up by police in Folsom, northeast of California’s capital Sacramento, on Feb. 4 on suspicion of battery against a spouse.
Cops were called to the 57-year-old’s Folsom home by an outside party, the Los Angeles Times reported.
He was set to appear in court two days after his arrest, but the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office never filed charges in the case, Choudri’s lawyer told The Times, adding that “no further action will be taken.”
“The High-Speed Rail Authority is aware of the matter and is reviewing it,” a spokesperson for the agency said in a statement. “We have no other comment at this time.”
Choudri has been leading the costly and heavily criticized project to bring high-speed rail to California. It has faced repeated delays and funding issues, with more than $15 billion spent and little progress made.











