Government extends nationwide coronavirus containment measures till November 30
The Hindu
India's total tally of COVID-19 cases rose to 3,42,31,809, while the active cases declined to 1,60,989, the lowest in 243 days
The Centre on Thursday extended the nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till November 30 as there has been localised spread of the virus in a few states and the disease continues to be a public health challenge in the country.
In a communication to chief secretaries of all states and union territories, Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla also said that existing protocols for curbing the spread of COVID-19 will continue till November 30.
Last month, he had said that there was a possibility that Covid-appropriate behaviour might not be adhered to strictly, especially during the festival season and hence it was critical to enforce guidelines which allowed regular festivities in a cautious, safe and Covid-appropriate manner.

After more-than-two-year wait, the flyover at Goripalayam junction will be commissioned on Saturday. As of now, the main arm of the new flyover, named after freedom fighter Netaji Subash Chandra Bose, will help to decongest vehicular movement from Tamukkam junction till Nelpettai junction on East Veli Street.












