
Ghana and Kenya investigate presumed Russian national for secretly recording sexual encounters
ABC News
Ghana and Kenya have launched investigations into the activities of a man believed to be a Russian national who is accused of secretly recording sexual encounters with several women and publishing them online without their consent
ACCRA, Ghana -- Ghana has launched an investigation into a man believed to be Russian who is accused of secretly recording sexual encounters with several women and publishing them online without their consent, authorities said Wednesday, in a case that sparked public outrage.
Samuel Nartey George, Ghana's minister for communications, told a news conference in Accra on Wednesday that the government has taken steps to trace and secure relevant digital and financial evidence linked to publication of the intimate footage.
Kenyan media previously has reported on viral videos that allegedly show Kenyan victims as well.
Kenya’s gender minister condemned the secret filming of women by the Russian man on Monday, saying the act would be investigated in collaboration with international authorities. The minister, Hanna Wendot Cheptumo, said the actions were a form of exploitation and urged affected women to seek support through a toll-free helpline number.
Authorities in both Ghana and Kenya have said that the Russian national was allegedly recording and sharing the explicit content on social media platforms without the consent of the women in violation of the law.













