
FCC Chair Brendan Carr Denies Censoring Colbert Interview, Calls It A 'Hoax'
HuffPost
"There was no censorship here at all," Carr told reporters.
Federal Communications Commission Chair Brendan Carr on Wednesday denied the government censored CBS “Late Show” host Stephen Colbert after the network forbid him from airing an interview with a U.S. Senate candidate earlier this week.
“There was no censorship here at all,” Carr told reporters.
Instead of censorship, Carr blamed Texas state Rep. James Talarico (D) of committing a “hoax” related to CBS not airing his interview.
“You had a Democrat candidate who understood the way the news media works and he took advantage of all of your, sort of, prior conceptions, to run a hoax, apparently for the purpose of raising money and getting clicks,” Carr claimed. “And the news media played right into it.”
The “hoax” claim doesn’t appear to be factually supported, however: Colbert first brought up the censorship to his audience Monday, not Talarico.













