Coronavirus | Weekend lockdown gave infection spread a break, says Health Secretary
The Hindu
Health Secretary urged people not to come out of their homes over the next few days and follow the State government’s restrictions.
The total lock down on Sunday has given the spread of COVID-19 infection a break, health secretary J. Radhakrishnan said on Tuesday after inspecting the preparedness of Communicable Diseases Hospital in Tondiarpet. “As far as COVID is concerned due to lock down on Sunday there is a break. This is a good signal. If we continue to wear masks and not go to public places unnecessarily we will soon be able to prevent its spread,” he told reporters. With the numbers falling in the last two days he said if people cooperated “We can plateau or reduce” the number of infections, he said. He urged people not to come out of their homes over the next few days and follow the State government’s restrictions. He said in many shops the air conditioning had been switched off. “In Tamil Nadu we should be careful. We do not have as high numbers of infection as neighbouring states but people should be careful as 30% of those diagnosed require hospitalisation,” he said.More Related News













