Here are the key news developments to watch out for from Karnataka today
1. The 86th Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana in Haveri, the home district of Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, got off to a colourful start today with Sammelanadhyaksha Doddarange Gowda taken to the venue in a chariot for which ₹4 lakh has been spent.
2. After the High Court struck down sections of the Karnataka Education Act, including those that empowered the State to cap fees in private schools, the government is contemplating ways of challenging the order.
3. BJP national president J.P. Nadda is in the State on the second day of his two-day visit to Karnataka.
4. Slum Janandolana Karnataka to mark the 192nd birth anniversary of Savithribai Phule with a State-level conference on ‘Slum dwellers and the Constitution’. The conference will be inaugurated by H.S. Nagamohan Das, retired Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court. It will be presided over by Dr. Du Saraswathi, writer and theatre artiste. The event is at SCM House, near Subbaiah Circle, from 10 a.m. onwards.
5. Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Bengaluru, is organising the valedictory of National Science Drama Festival today. Actor, singer, writer and director Anirudh Jatkar will be the chief guest, on VITM premises, Kasturba Road, from 3.30 p.m. onwards.
6. Dhaatu, in association with Mythic Society, is organising a three-day puppet festival from today on puppet traditions and innovations. Bharatanatyam exponent P. Praveen Kumar will be the chief guest, at Mandala Cultural Centre, Kanakapura Road from 10 a.m. onwards.
7. Reva University and Reva Group of Institutions are jointly celebrating founder’s day today at Saugandhika, Reva University premises, Rukmini Knowledge Park, Yelahanka from 6 p.m. onwards.