Virginia Giuffre's family says "our broken hearts have been lifted" over former Prince Andrew's arrest
CBSN
The family of Virginia Giuffre, who alleged she was trafficked to engage in sex with former Prince Andrew when she was a teenager, thanked British police on Thursday after his arrest for suspected misconduct in public office. Zoe Christen Jones and Emmet Lyons contributed to this report. In:
The family of Virginia Giuffre, who alleged she was trafficked to engage in sex with former Prince Andrew when she was a teenager, thanked British police on Thursday after his arrest for suspected misconduct in public office.
"At last, today, our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty," Giuffre's siblings said in a statement shared with CBS News.
"On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the U.K.'s Thames Valley Police for their investigation, and the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor," Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson said. "He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you."
Giuffre, an American who was one of the most outspoken accusers of the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, died by suicide last year at 41. She accused Mountbatten-Windsor — former Prince Andrew — of assaulting her on three separate occasions when she was 17, which he has denied.
Giuffre said in a lawsuit filed in New York in 2021 that the assault was made possible by Epstein, who she alleged trafficked her to Mountabatten-Windsor.

Kovay Gardens sells itself as a secluded retreat on Mexico's Pacific coast: a private beach along the Bahía de Banderas, four pools spilling toward the ocean and beds dressed in Egyptian cotton. Guests are promised room service, buffet breakfasts and airport shuttles to the boutique resort outside Puerto Vallarta.

A Texas judge on Thursday will consider a formal declaration of innocence for the four men who were wrongfully accused of the 1991 Austin yogurt shop murders, including one man who was initially convicted and sent to death row in the killing of four teenagers in a crime that haunted the city for decades. In:

Inside the surge of threats against public officials fueling a rise in prosecutions: "It's too much"
Washington — The 15 comments came across a series of eight days in July, posted under pseudonyms alluding to the perpetrators of some of the most infamous mass shootings in U.S. history, including Sandy Hook Elementary School and Aurora, Colorado. Callie Teitelbaum contributed to this report.

The Trump administration has given Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers broader powers to detain lawful refugees who have yet to secure permanent U.S. residency, in its latest effort to more heavily scrutinize immigrants, illegal and legal alike, according to a government memo issued Wednesday and obtained by CBS News

A Minnesota federal judge ordered a government attorney to be held in civil contempt of court for violating an order requiring the Justice Department to turn over identification documents to a man who was ordered released from ICE custody, further escalating tension between the judiciary and Trump administration over immigration cases.








