
Pro-Palestine activists acquitted of burglary at Israeli arms site in UK
Al Jazeera
Filton24 defendants, members of Palestine Action, found not guilty as prosecutors fail to provide evidence.
All defendants in the Filton24 case in the United Kingdom have been formally acquitted of aggravated burglary at an Israeli arms company, after prosecutors said they could offer no evidence to support the charge.
At a hearing at Woolwich Crown Court on Wednesday, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed it was unable to proceed against those who had yet to go on trial, the Filton24 Defence Committee said in a news release.
The defendants, who are linked to the proscribed campaign group Palestine Action, are accused of taking part in a break-in at a UK branch of Elbit Systems in Bristol.
Five of those granted bail, all on remand between 14-18 months, will all be released on Wednesday, apart from one person who will have to be granted bail for another case she is charged with first.
It’s the second high-profile win for Palestine Action, and the pro-Palestine community in general in the UK, after the High Court ruled last week that the government’s ban on Palestine Action as a “terror group” was unlawful and disproportionate.













