
At least two killed in Israeli attack on Palestinian camp in Lebanon
Al Jazeera
Lebanon’s official news agency NNA says ‘Israeli drone’ targeted the Hittin neighbourhood of the Ein el-Hilweh camp.
At least two people have been killed in an Israeli attack on Lebanon’s largest Palestinian refugee camp, the latest breach of a 2024 ceasefire deal with the armed group, Hezbollah.
Lebanon’s official National News Agency (NNA) reported on Friday that an “Israeli drone” targeted the Hittin neighbourhood of the Ein el-Hilweh camp, located on the outskirts of the southern city of Sidon.
Lebanon’s Ministry of Public Health said two people were killed in the attack. The NNA had reported earlier that the strike killed a man from the al-Khatib family and wounded several others.
The Israeli army said in a statement that its forces had “struck a Hamas command centre from which terrorists operated” in response to “repeated violations of the ceasefire understandings”.
NNA reported that the strike caused “significant damage” to a building that had previously been used by the joint Palestinian force responsible for the camp’s security, but was now being rented by an individual to “operate a kitchen distributing food aid”.













