
Anderson Cooper decided not to renew ‘60 Minutes’ contract at last minute — flooring execs: sources
NY Post
Anderson Cooper’s recent decision not to renew his contract with “60 Minutes” came at the last minute and left execs at the struggling network flat-footed, a source with knowledge of the matter told The Post on Wednesday.
The journo had been poised to become the face of “60 Minutes” under CBS News editor in chief Bari Weiss and president Tom Cibrowski, who privately lauded him as an important player at the struggling news network.
But Cooper’s decision to pull out came as the deal was in its final tages, the source said.
“They must be pissed,” the person said of Weiss and Cibrowski, who’d seen the CNN anchor as a prominent face of “60 Minutes.”
“They wanted to build the show around him,” the source added.
Both CBS News and a rep for Cooper declined to comment.













