
28 children dead, 840 injured since Russia declared war, says Ukraine
India Today
Russia-Ukraine War News: According to the Ukrainian government, 28 children have died and 840 have been injured since Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.
The Ukrainian government claimed on Thursday that 28 children had died so far since Russia invaded the country on February 24.
On Friday, a Ukrainian official added that 840 children had been wounded in the war.
ALSO READ: We’ll defend Odessa and all will be okay: Children help build barricades to stop Russian invasion
Oleksiy Danilov, head of Ukraine's national security council, announced the tally on Ukrainian television. He appealed to Russia to make way for women and children to escape the fighting, as per a report by The Associated Press.
FOLLOW LIVE UPDATES ON RUSSIA-UKRAINE WAR
“The question of humanitarian corridors is question number one,” Danilov said, according to The Associated Press.
Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24 and has been launching strikes across the country ever since. The invasion has led to the deaths of several hundred civilians in Ukraine. More than a million Ukrainians have fled to neighbouring countries since the war began.

Women are treated in the new penal code as being on the same level as "slaves", with provisions allowing either "slave masters" or husbands to administer discretionary punishment, including beatings, to their wives or subordinates. This aspect of the code has drawn particular alarm from rights groups.

Andrew Windsor Mountbatten, who was stripped of his prince title over his links with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, was arrested in the UK on Thursday. Andrew is the grand-nephew of Lord Mountbatten, the last British viceroy in India. Lord Mountbatten was accused of being involved in a child sex ring, involving an orphanage in Belfast. Here's what we know about the Kincora Boys' Home scandal.











