United States

I haven’t paid income taxes since 1994 — and the IRS won’t send me to prison

Dear John: I’m Deedle Doo the Comedy Boy, America’s senior comedian. I have a consumer complaint that I think only you can help me with. I have not paid federal income tax since 1994, nor have I filed a tax return during that time, both of which are failures the Justice Department publicly represents to be indictable offenses. My understanding is that I can expect an all-expenses paid trip right into federal prison for my “tax protester” activities. But it seems the Justice Department is running some sort of a con where I can’t get it to live up to its promises to get me in front of a judge. I ignore the federal income tax in total good faith, and now I want my indictment. Do you have any pull over at the federal jurisdicti ...