United States
Hide

E. coli 'caused Egypt hotel couple's deaths'

E. coli caused the deaths of a British couple who died after falling ill at a holiday resort in Egypt, the country's authorities have said.John Cooper, 69, and his wife Susan, 63, from Burnley, died in the Red Sea city of Hurghada on 21 August.In an official statement, the Egyptian general prosecutor said post-mortem examinations showed E. coli bacteria was a factor in both deaths.But the couple's daughter described the findings as "absolute rubbish".Kelly Ormerod, who was at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic hotel with her parents, told the BBC she did not believe the symptoms her parents showed were consistent with E. coli infection.She added further post-mortem examinations of her parents' bodies would be carried out in the UK, on di ...
Top
Bottom